Tuesday, January 8, 2013
There are many methods to convert files from APK to BAR to play on Playbook. This post introduces the simplest way.
Preparation- Request Code Signing Keys: You need a key from RIM to run apps on Playbook. Note: PIN is not your device's PIN, it can be any string (6-10 characters or digits). Write the PIN down for later use.
The key will be sent to you via email in 24h:
- Download The Android Command Line Tools.
- Download The Android SDK: you may need to install Java SE Development Kit (JDK) before installing Android SDK.
- Download The BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical AiD: a tool to convert *.apk to *.bar.
Steps1) Install JDK then Android SDK. For example, the path to Android SDK is C:\android-sdk
2) Uncompress The Android Command Line Tools to C:\blackberry.tools.SDK
3) Install The BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid and set-up it as following figures
- Author: your name
- Keystore Password: an arbitrary password
- Confirm keystore Password: repeat the password
Input key to The BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid
- PBDT CSJ File & RDK CSJ File : browse to key file (.csj)
- CSJ PIN : PIN number that you used to register signing key.
- CSK Password : an arbitrary password
- Confirm CSK Password: repeat the password
4) If the process is successful, you will receive a notification mail or you can check at Configuration tab:
5) Convert *.apk to *.bar in Build Android tab. Note: the resulting file (.bar) will be saved in the same folder of *.apk file.