Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Do you want to make phone calls on HTC Flyer? This post will show you how to root and activate call function using Revolutionary and ClockWorkMod Recovery for HTC Flyer.
If you have HTC Sync installed in Flyer, remove it first.
Step by step
- Check the version of HBOOT by: turn off Flyer completely, press and hold 2 buttons Power and Vol Down at the same time to access to Bootloader. At this time, we can unlock Bootloader for 2 HBOOT versions: 1.10.0000 and 1.11.0003.
- Reboot the tablet, go to Setting > Application > Development and turn on Debugging mode. Now go to Setting > About Tablet > Tablet Identity, view and write down the serial number of your Flyer.
- Go to revolutionary.io
Open folder Revolutionary and run Revolutionary.exe. Input the beta key and wait for Flayer reboots to Bootloader 2 times.
After you can see S-Off in Bootloader, Revolutionary will ask you whether continue downloading and installing ClockWorkMod Recovery or not. Press Y and Enter to continue. After installing, in the Bootloader screen, choose Recovery (using the vol Up, Down, and Power buttons) to access CWM Recovery. Choose “install zip from sdcard” and choose file su-3.0 – install. Reboot your device to complete rooting your HTC Flyer.
Active Phone function (using headphone)
- Note that the phone function only works with headphones.
- Download and install Root Explorer.
- Using Root Explorer to go to System > Bin and open file build.prop using note editor. Before editing or copying this file, change “Mount R/W” to “Mount R/O”. You can copy this file to PC to edit and copy back to system folder. After copying back, remember to change “Mount R/O” to “Mount R/W”.
- Edit parameters to add phone and sms functions as follows:
- Reboot your device and enjoy the phone function!
Good luck! Some more images: