Sunday, December 11, 2011
Root recent Android devices (Galaxy Nexus, Kindle Fire, HTC Raider, Galaxy S2 LTE (HD), Galaxy Note, HTC Sensation XL&XE, …)
Root is an important step to access your Android devices deeply. However, we need different ways to root different devices. In this post, we introduce how to root some important and new devices, such as Galaxy Nexus, Kindle Fire, HTC Raider (Vivid), SS Galaxy S2 LTE/LTE HD, …
- The methods listed here have been tested on Windows.
- Download necessary softs:Android SDK (run it to have drivers for your devices).
Super One Click (SOC) latest version v2.31.
1) Root Google Galaxy Nexus
- Install SamsungDriver.exe (still install even your computer already had this driver)
* Unlock bootloader for Galaxy Nexus
- Turn on USB Debugging (Settings > Developer options). Reboot your device into Download Mode (press and hold 3 buttons, Power, Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time)
- Plug your device to computer (“Bootloader:Locked” text should appear now)
- Unzip file “Superboot” to a folder. Access to this folder and press “Shit+right click” on empty space > “Open command window here”
- In Command Prompt window, input “fastboot oem unlock” and Enter.
- Wait about 5 seconds
- Next, run file “install-superboot-windows.bat” in Superboot folder.
- Wait Nexus reboots.
2) Root Kindle Fire
- Download SOE file (link above)
- On Kindle Fire, go to Settings > Device and turn ON “Allow Installation Of Applications”
- Plug Kindle Fire to computer. The device will activate USB Connection Mode, choose Disconnect to turn it off.
- Install driver for Kindle using Device Manager (use the Driver folder in SOC v2.31)
- Copy folder ADB to some a folder, such as C:\ADB
- Open Command Prompt (Windows + R > cmd > Enter). Chang to ADB folder by command “cd \adb”
- Input command “adb kill-server” > Enter. Next “adb devices” > Enter
- Run Super One Click soft and choose Root
- Wait your Device reboots
3) Root HTC Raider LTE 4G
- Download Vivid_CWM_Root.zip , copy it into the root folder of internal storage of HTC Raider
- Turn on USB Debugging mode (Setting > Development)
- Go to htcdev.com to unlock Bootloader (remember install HTC Sync to have driver)
- Boot to H-Boot mode by press and hold Volume down and Power buttons
- Download Raider.zip and unzip into C:\Raider
- Run Command Prompt and change to Raider folder (cd \raider)
- Input “adb kill-server” > Enter. Next “adb devices” > Enter
- Input command “Fastboot flash recovery root_recovery.img” > Enter
- Go to H-Boot mode again
- Choose Recovery > Select install zip from sdcard > “Vivid_CMW_Root.zip” > Enter
4) Root Galaxy S2 LTE/LTE HD
- Turn on USB Debugging mode (Setting > Development). If you can’t find, you can continue anyway
- Reboot to Download Mode (press and hold 3 buttons Home + Power + Volume down)
- Plug your device to computer and Windows will install driver for it
- Run Super One Click > Root > OK
5) Root Galaxy Note (N7000)
- Download N7000 Note.zip and unzip
- Turn on USB Debugging mode and plug the device to computer
- Run “runme.bat” in N7000 Note folder
- Wait 5 minutes
6) Root HTC Sensation XL and XE
- Go to htvdev.com to unlock Bootloader
- Turn on USB Debugging and plug to computer
- Download Sensation XL.zip (can be used for XE) and unzip
- Go to the unzipped folder, run “runme.bat”
(vn version: tinhte.vn)