Saturday, April 27, 2013
Unlocking bootloader is an important step to uproom an HTC Android smartphone. Fortunately, we have same process to unlock bootloader for all HTC Android phones.
Important: You will lost all data and apps installed by you, you should backup your phone first.You may also lost phone warranty!
1. Go to http://www.htcdev.com/ and create your HTCDEV account.
2. Download Fastboot Files. Uncompress it to C:\fastboot.
3. Go to http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/, choose "All Other Supported Models" > click "then begin unlock bootloader"
4. Click on OK or Next button in dialog messages.
Steps 1-4 help you to activate Fastboot mode. In C:\fastboot folder, hold Shift and right click and choose "Open command window here" to open CMD.
5. In command window, type: fastboot oem get_identifier_token
You will see several characters, copy text from <<<< Identifier Token Start >>>> to <<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>> and paste to htc webpage and click Submit.
Done! Check you email to receive Unlock_code.bin file.
After having Unlock_code.bin, click on the link in your email or perform following steps:
1. Copy Unlock_code.bin file to C:\fastboot.
In C:\fastboot folder, hold Shift and right click and choose "Open command window here" to open CMD.
2. In command window, type "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" (without quote)
3. You will see a confirmation message on your phone. Using volume and power buttons to confirm (choosing Yes). If you don't receive the confirmation message, do again.