Saturday, November 19, 2011
Until now, you cannot send emails with big attachments (>= 25MB) using free email services. This post shares you some easy ways to send big files with you emails.
1) Split into small files
You can use some free splitting/merging programs to divide your big file into smaller ones. Some good programs are: WinRAR, Fastest File Splitter and Joiner, HJ-Split, … However, this method is not good for very big files.
2) Using online storage services
This method is widely used. You can upload your files to file sharing services and copy/paste links into emails. There are several free and paid services: Megaupload, Mediafire, 4Shared, Rapidshare,… But you need to notice that some free services limit expired time and file size. Furthermore, your data will be shown in search engines. You can zip your file with a password before uploading.
3) Using intermediary services
You can use intermediary websites to send your file. Some popular services are:
- YouSendIt - www.yousendit.com: you don’t need to register. The maximum file size is 100MB.
- DropSend – www.dropsend.com: the maximum file size is 2GB. You need to register before using.
- MailBigFile – www.mailbigfile.com: you can send files up to 300MB. You don’t need to register and you can send a message accompany with the attached files.