Sunday, January 6, 2013
Following steps show a simple way to record calls with Gtalk or other chatting programs (Yahoo Messenger, Skype) without installing and using third-party software:
1) Plug headphone to your PC, right click on Volume icon and choose "Recording devices" from pop-up menu
2) The Sound dialog appears, choose "Stereo Mix" from the list. If you cannot find it, right click on empty space of the list of devices and choose "Show Disabled Devices"
3) Right click on "Stereo Mix" and choose "Enable"
4) Click Properties in Playback tab of Sound Dialog to open "Speaker Properties" dialog
5) Go to Level tab, maximize the volume level and click OK
6) Open Sound Recorder program in Programs > Accessories > Entertainment. When you make a call with Gtalk or other chatting programs, click Start to record. Click Stop if you want to stop recording and finally save the file for later use.