Friday, October 14, 2011
Finally, we now can install Android on our HP TouchPad tablet. However, this CyanogenMod version is a testing version and not very stable. You may have some errors if you install this version on your tablet. Try it if you only want to test!
- Backup all you music, movies, and documents. After installing, all data except data of webOS will be gone.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Copy files to TouchPad: boot via CM7 and copy. If you copy via webOS, all data will be lost after booting with CM7.
- HP TouchPad with at least 2Gb free.
- Cable USB.
- PC/Mac or Linux computer.
- ACME Installer: download at http://goo-inside.me/roms/cmtouchpad/alpha1/ACMEInstaller.zip
- Clockwork Recovery: Recovery mode, using when we have some problems with the booting process or perform updates later.
- Google Apps (optional): http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
Step by step
- Connect TouchPad with computer, choose USB Mode.
- Create a folder name “cminstall” in TouchPad and then copy 4 files *.zip: update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-a1-fullofbugs.zip, update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip, moboot_0.3.3.zip, gapps(-gb-20110828-signed.zip into this folder.
- After copying, choose Safe Remove > Eject TouchPad (do not unplug cable).
- Reboot TouchPad, press and hold Lock and Volume Up buttons until the screen displays as follow:
- On PC: Start > Run > cmd.
- Input cd C(the disk that you installed SDK):\Program Files\Palm\sdk\bin
- Copy file ACMEInstaller to above folder.
- Input: novacom boot mem:// <ACMEInstaller
- In Mac and Linux, go to Terminal and input: $ novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller ($ is the name of the folder containing ACMEInstaller).
- Wait until the process is complete.
- After installing, choose boot CyanogenMod and enjoy Android on HP TouchPad !
Some errors we may have
- After Standby, wifi doesn’t work well.
- All data are deleted after installing.
- The speaker works even though you plug the headphone.
You may see other errors. Hope we will have the stable version soon.
More information can be found at: http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?4011-Discussion-CyanogenMod-team-Touchpad-port