Wednesday, October 19, 2011
As usual, after introducing a new OS (Galaxy Nexus and Ice Cream Sandwich introduction), Google supports a new SDK for developing apps. Now you can download Android 4.0 SDK and try Ice Cream Sandwich OS on the virtual machine.
Step by step
1. Download the latest Android SDK at http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html for Windows, MacOS, or Linux. After downloading, unzip the downloaded fie. For Windows, we need to run the .exe file. There are 3 folders in unzipped android-sdk-xxx folder: Platforms, Add-ons and Tools.
2. In Tools folder, double click on file “android” to activate Android SDK Manager.
3. In the list, stick on “Android 4.0 (API 14)” to install.
4. After installing, choose Tools > Manager AVDs. Click on New and set up the android virtual machine as in the figure below.
5. Finally, go to the virtual machine and click Start.
Some more images:
Read more >> Galaxy Nexus and Ice Cream Sandwich introduction